Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, March 20, 2010

He seems different today

It's been a very good day with Harley. He seems different today somehow. David was working with him on waiting for treats and he was actually waiting. Maybe he's getting some impulse control. He spent a lot of the day outside or in the house at my feet. He only got mouthy twice today. I think that both times it was because he was tired. He's in bed right now. I can definitely tell when he's getting tired now because he gets mouthy. He also took offense to me studying today but I was able to keep him settled by having him sit or by me turning away from him. I've learned to turn sideways from him instead of with my back to him. When I have my back to him he thinks that's a clue to attack. I'm learning a lot about him just by paying closer attention to what he does and noticing any patterns. He's getting more predictable.

I'm going to do some reading tonight of the handouts that Dr. J sent me. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow so Harley and I are going to go for a walk with one of his new leashes, probably the short one. I'm going to bring treats to keep him focused on heeling. We'll walk around the cul de sac until he gets more controlled with his walking. I don't mind going in circles if Harley doesn't. lol

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger