Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Keeping Harley Calm

Harley usually does pretty good most of the day while he's home alone with me but once David gets home Harley starts biting me. I wonder if he thinks that I'll pay attention to David instead of him. I don't know what it is, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Harley is outside right now. We got a lot of snow and he's enjoying running around in it. The dogs behind us are out and he always goes out when they are out. Well, now he's inside. David let him in. Harley has a piece of one of those compressed rawhide sticks. He likes those. He can eat a whole stick (10") in a couple of hours though. Doesn't seem to be bothering his stomach at all. And he's having no problems doing his business.

I had to stop typing for a few minutes because Harley was going after me. I tried sit-stay with treats but he's just too wound up. So, he's in his kennel with a Kong that has cream cheese and Zukes in it. He clamped down on my arm really hard. It hurt. He always seems to be worse in the late afternoon and evening.

I just got an email from Dr. J. She said that she thinks Harley is getting excited when David gets home and his way of dealing with it is to flea bite me. I'll obviously have to find something else that he can give his attention to when David gets home. I think one thing that would help is to have David ignore Harley completely when he gets home. He always says hello to Harley and I think that gets Harley amped up. We need to keep him in a settled state at all times, but especially when either of us are coming or going.

I'll let him out of his kennel in just a few minutes. He would just go after me right now because I'm on the laptop. ~sigh~

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger