Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tethered

Well, Harley continues to flea bite me today so I put him on tether. I can't let him bite me anymore. It's no fun having him tethered but what else can I do. David wants me to give it a few more weeks to see if the Prozac helps at all. I know I can put up with a few more weeks but the question is do I want to put up with more. I guess that today I'm feeling like I just haven't done enough with Harley and I need to give him time to let the Prozac take effect. I have him tethered with the chain leash so he can't chew it apart. It does have a leather handle so I have to keep an eye on him anyway. I know that I've given up on Harley and I can't do that. I need to keep working with him and give him the opportunity to change.

Every day I wake up and tell myself that I'm going to give 100% to Harley but then he starts biting me and I just give up. Like I've said before, I've spent a lot of time, effort and money on Harley and I don't know that I'm ready to throw the towel in on him. I thought that a lab/retriever mix would be an awesome combination for a dog but that has not proved to be the case with Harley. I'm sure he's got something else mixed in there. I wanted a dog that had the temperament and personality of a therapy dog. Harley is the polar opposite of that.

I'm going to have to put him in his kennel now so I can take a shower. I'd leave him tethered but I'm worried that he would chew on the couch or the leather handle on the leash. He's safe and won't get into trouble being in his kennel. This situation is really getting me down today.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger