Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, May 5, 2007

Left in the house alone!

We went out for about an hour and we left the girls in the house, not in the laundry room. We wanted to see how they would do if they had run of the house while we weren't here. They did just fine. Didn't chew on anything. Last time we left Skooter in the house by himself (just before we got Moped) he chewed on a window sill and the baseboard in two areas of the house (dining room and computer room). I couldn't believe that he chewed the baseboard. It was like Skooter knew that things were going to change once Moped got here and it was stressing him out. He had to be kept in his kennel when we went out after that episode. I'll still probably keep the girls in the laundry room the majority of the time, but if we're gone for just a short time we can let them have the run of the house. They were happy when we got home though.

I was looking at pictures of Skooter and Moped and it made me sad. I miss their cute, fuzzy faces. They are adorable boys. I'm glad they are doing well with their new families.

I'm going to get the bordetella shot for the girls and then bring them over to Preppy Pet for doggy day care and a bath. I don't know if they've ever been properly grooomed or not. Hopefully they'll do okay. I'm excited to get them into doggy day care so they can socialize more. And it will give a few hours without having to rush home.

Huxley and Blitz have been playing a lot today, play fighting. Blitz was actually on her back with her belly up in the air. They flea bite each other. It's so cute. Nothing near as manic as Skooter and Moped play fighting. The girls are having such a good time rollling around and playing. Their collars look so good on them. I got a tandem leash hook up for them so I can use just one leash for both of them. That will keep me from getting tangled up in two leashes. I also got their tags (name, address and phone number). They are blue, bone-shaped metal tags. I'll get new Home Again tags once I get them transferred over. I sent the paperwork to Nancie so she could sign as the former owener. I'm getting their microchip transferred over to me and I'm getting them registered AKC. Huxley will be 'Samantha's Lady of the Lake' and her sister Blitz will be named 'Samantha's Lady of the Loch'.

I haven't emailed Kris yet about not boarding the dogs down there because I want to make sure I can get them set up at Preppy Pet.

They are laying down, yet again, and Huxley is licking Blitz's ear. She does that quite often. She loves her sister.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger