Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, May 3, 2007

Fostering

Fostering dogs is not easy. I get so attached so quickly. I have kept some distance because I know we're just fostering them for now. But, I'm hooked on them already. I just don't know that now is a good time for us to own two dogs. It does tie us down somewhat, not that we have big travel plans. But, even if we just want to go out for the day, we'd either have to take them with us or have someone come by and let them out for us. Also, money is an issue for us right now and it does cost money to have dogs (food, treats, toys, vets, if needed). But I look at them sleeping together on the blanket on the floor and I just can't imagine not having them. Or, more to the point, I can't imagine someone else having them. It may be that when I bring them down to the Rescue before we leave on our trip, that I will have made arrangements for them to stay there until Kris can find them a home. I'd miss them tremendously, but now just doesn't seem like a good time to have two dogs. And David still misses Skooter and Moped and isn't getting very attached to Huxley and Blitz because he still misses them. I have to make a decision soon though.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger