Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Monday, August 13, 2007

I am in charge

I only woke up once last night (at 2am). I didn't let the dogs out. I made them go back to bed. When David's alarm went off at 4:30am, I stayed in bed today. I didn't let the dogs out. Both times I was able to get back to sleep without any problem. I got up for the day at 7am. That's when I let the dogs out. (Who let the dogs out? Oh, that would be me. lol) They've already been out a couple of times this morning. I realize that I need to stop doing what they ask me to do (let me out, let me in, etc.) and do what I want to do. I'm up and down all day because they are constantly in and out. I'm going to start using my timer when I let them out. I'll keep them out for 15 minutes, then I'll let them in (even if Huxley spends most of the time banging on the sliding door with her paw!) And I won't let them out every half hour either. They are running the show and I can no longer allow that. They are laying down right now after a bit of a play. Of course, as soon as I typed that, they got up and went to the door to check something out. Even if they want to go out, I'm not going to let them go until I'm ready to let them out. Then I'll time them. They need more of a routine (just like me).
Aren't they curious little doggies (uh, okay, nosey lol). They are always looking for the cat or rabbits.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger