Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, August 3, 2007

Oh my gosh!

Well, I've changed my mind again. I want to keep the dogs. I know I would be lost without them. I can't do that to me or to them. They are happy here with us. Spoiled and happy. They are my girls.

I just spoke to Kris and I told her that I was feeling wishy-washy again about surrendering Huxley and Blitz. She has offered to come up here to help me out with the dogs. And as it turns out she doesn't have room for them right now anyway. She has 20 dogs at this time. And three more are coming in this weekend. I told her that I really want to make this work. That if I could take care of the cat problem keeping them wouldn't be an issue. The cats are the one's who are misbehaving, not the dogs. The dogs just need more consistent exercise. I've also figured out how to take care of the back yard more consistently and get it done in less than 15 minutes. It's the cats I don't want to clean up after! So, Kris is going to call me back next week and set up a time that she and her daughter can come up to help train me and the dogs. :-)

David is going to think I'm batty always changing my mind about keeping or surrendering the dogs. I just don't think they would get adopted together and I can't imagine one being without the other.

One of the issues Lisa brought up is that it will be even more difficult to get them exercise in the winter. If I can get on a schedule with them now, that will carry over to winter, then they would be okay.

If we can just get things worked out with the cats. Dag nabbit! Also, I can't think of ending the Dog Blog. I want to continue blogging about the girls and Skooter and Moped for as long as I can.

Well, I'm a fruitcake. That's for sure. I need to turn things around here and make sure I'm in charge, not them. It'll take some work, but it will be worth it. I love my girls.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger