Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What a pill?!?

Bayou was a total pill today. When she was outside she was tearing apart that bush that Watson tried tearing apart. When she was inside, not in her kennel, she kept trying to chew the wires and plugs to the lamp and laptop. I sprayed Fooey on it and she still went after it. When she was in her kennel she was barking or whining. Yeesh! I couldn't catch a break today. Tonight though she got tired on her own and laid down on the floor and fell asleep. I took her to bed at 9pm. She went right to sleep after figuring out where she wanted to position herself. She always starts out up by my head, or on my head, and then moves down to the side of my legs. She's all about being comfortable. I think I was frustrated with her today because I know that there is a way for us to get her to stop doing things we don't want her to do but we just haven't learned the techniques yet. We're getting close though. Wednesday afternoon is fast approaching. I'm a bit nervous about the remote collar and how it will feel to Bayou. I also worry that I won't be able to do the training correctly and efficiently. I know it's just jitters from knowing knowing the plan yet. Once we get going though, I'll have a lot to do with Bayou everyday getting her to stop things she shouldn't be doing and to do things that I want her to do. That pretty much takes up my whole day. lol

I'm looking forward to when Bayou will sit and stay put or place so we can take some good pictures of her. I need to get outside tomorrow and try to get some outside shots. Her colors will show up a lot better in sunlight. Her eyes too.

We're investing a lot of money into this training so I feel a responsibility to make sure that our investments pays off. We'll start working on that Wednesday.

It's almost 12:30am so I better get back to bed. More later.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger