Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, March 13, 2011

I am so looking forward to Friday

I am in great need of direction with Bayou and her training. I know that I will get that soon. It seems like she isn't too interested in treats anymore because she gets so many of them. Using a toy as a reward (at some point) will be so much better IF I can get the right toy for her. I spent a lot of time today trying to get her to come in from the back yard. She wasn't getting into any trouble, I just wanted her to come in. She doesn't come when I call her unless she's interested in coming to me. I can't chase after her because my back is still hurting and honestly I don't want to have to chase after my puppy. I'm really hoping to see some change within a weeks time, just a little change. I want to see the possibilities.

I emailed a carpet cleaning place today to see if they can come and clean the carpet this coming week. The carpet is disgusting. It needs to be cleaned. I'll feel better when it is done. Then I'll have to really stay on top of Bayou, making sure that she doesn't have accidents in the house.

David has had hockey Friday, Saturday and tonight. He has his last week of school this week. It's been hard with Bayou because David has to spend time away from home or when he is home, doing his homework. I understand completely that it's necessary but I'm looking forward to him being able to help me more with Bayou. I know he will put in the time once he has some. lol

Thankfully, Bayou is napping which gives me time to do some laundry. It's very much like having a little kid. There are all the ups and downs but mostly joy that I have Bayou. She's going to be a great companion one day soon.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger