Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, April 17, 2010

Doing the right thing

It's such a bittersweet feeling knowing that Harley is doing well. David said that maybe if we had gone with Cindy's training that we could have kept Harley. That made me feel sad. I felt like even if Harley had been well behaved that it wouldn't have worked out but maybe I was wrong. I'm happy for Harley. I'm glad that he's playing with other dogs and getting to run around a lot. And it really is cool that he may become a demonstration dog. I just wonder if all these things that I'm getting to do now is worth giving Harley up. Yeah, it's great that I can take 4 classes this summer and that I could be out all day Monday to celebrate my birthday, but really does it mean more than having Harley? I don't know.

I guess that I'll have to make the most of my life to make giving Harley up worth all the pain. I am walking with Kitty 3x/week and I have signed up for summer classes so I'm moving forward. It just seems a little empty without a dog. I'm not only missing Harley but Huxley and Blitz too. I know I'll get another dog one day but not for a long time. Once I know that I have time for a dog and won't mind putting in a lot of effort then a dog can be a possibility but until then, I don't need to give away any more dogs. It just hurts too much.

Maybe one day I will be able to see Harley do a demonstration. I'd love to see him doing well. All I think about when I think of him is the biting. I'd like to have a more positive picture in my mind of Harley. I love him and I miss him but I know I've done the right thing. Doing the right thing often isn't easy but it has to be done anyway. It doesn't make it suck any less.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger