Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Neutered puppy

Harley came through his surgery with no problems. When I got there to pick him up though they asked me if he was part hound dog. I guess he had been howling a lot. He was awake and full of energy when I picked him up. On the drive home he settled down and mostly slept through the afternoon. He has surgical glue on the outside skin and sutures on the inside to hold everything together. He won't have to go back to get sutures removed. I got an e-collar from the vet but I'm going to do my best to keep it off of him. He doesn't like it all and goes crazy when I try to put it on him. I'm afraid he'll rupture the surgical site with his antics. So I'm just going to keep an eye on him and keep him from licking himself. I have to check him every day to make sure that the wound is not getting infected. I have pain medicine for him starting today and ending on Saturday. I'm hoping that it will keep him settled down.

It's only 5:30am and Harley and I are already up. He slept so much yesterday that he wanted out of his kennel at 5am this morning. Before I picked him up yesterday, I stopped at the natural pet store and got him a new bag of puppy chow and a bison bone. The bone is keeping him busy and away from his wound. He's been jumping up though. He doesn't seem to be in much pain at all. I'll probably wait to give him his pain medicine until later in the morning. Hopefully it will help him to sleep. I'll take a nap while he is sleeping.

He has to "rest" for the next 7 to 10 days. I think that's going to be difficult to do. He has so much energy, as usual. I'm just glad that he is doing okay and came through the surgery successfully. I was hoping he'd sleep in late today but I got the exact opposite of that. Oh well, I can always sleep later. I'm going to try and get a picture of his surgery if I can to post on the blog. We'll have to see how that goes though.

He's content chewing on his bison bone right now. I'd rather be sleeping. I am feeling better today but still not 100%. I am sure that Harley will keep me busy today. Please pray that he heals quickly and that there are no complications. Thanks.

1 comment:

The Roy Clan said...

Hey there it's Barb and I just wanted to stop by and say hi! Harley is getting so big and he is so handsome! Hazle is the same and so smart too. I also get to see one of the other boys and it is so funny how they all look the same and are the same size! Let me know how you are ttfn.
Barb

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger