Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Monday, October 5, 2009

All is well

I've been distracted by some other things lately and haven't had a chance to blog. but I'm back on track today. Harley is getting so big. I'm going to take him over to PetsMart this week to weigh him. I'm sure he's gained more weight since our last visit to the vet (he was about 27 pounds then). Not too much has been going on around here. We did take Harley for a ride yesterday over to Garden of the Gods. We took the Jeep. He's able to stick his head out the window when he rides in the Jeep. He loves doing that. He looks so handsome when he's standing on the door, hanging out the window. I'll get a picture of him doing that the next time we go out for a drive.

Harley has been going into his kennel by himself at night to go to sleep. It's nice that he doesn't mind spending the night in his kennel. He's still sleeping through the night. He doesn't wake up until about 7am and sometimes he sleeps through until 8am. He's been pretty well behaved lately. He still has his 10 minutes of terror each day, but it's getting less intense. Today I went to the natural pet store and got 3 Buff Bites (bison shin bones) and 3 bags of Zukes for training. He's chewing on a Buff Bite right now. I also ordered more raw bison bones. They'll get here Wednesday. As long as he has interesting things to chew on he doesn't chew on things that he shouldn't.

He's able to get up on the couch and David's chair. I make him get right off though. He licks the leather and paws at the seat cushions of the couch so I can't let him stay up there. He's also taking a running start and jumping up into David's lap. He almost knocked David over in his chair. He's also figured out how to work the Tug-a-Jug. He pushes the rope thing in and then pulls it out. He gets kibble every time. He sure is smart.

Tomorrow will be Harley's first time at doggy daycare. I'm going to drop him off in the morning because I have a doctor's appointment and the cleaning lady is coming to clean the house. He'll be better off at daycare. I'm sure he'll have a good time too. It will be good for him to be around bigger dogs. I'm going to let him stay until afternoon time (after 2pm). He'll be very tired when he gets home.

I sent an email to the vet today asking if he'll be old enough to get neutered the week of October 19th. He'll be 19-20 weeks old then. I would like to do it then because he'll have two weeks off from training. I can't believe it's time for him to get neutered! He'll also get his microchip then. I'll feel so much better once he has the chip. After those things are done I'll send for his city license. he'll have four tags on his collar all together. I hope it doesn't weigh him down too much. lol

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger