Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, October 1, 2009

The GSP's

I was just sitting here thinking that if I had put in the time with the GSP's that I've put in with Harley that maybe it would have worked out. Hindsight is 20/20 though. They still would have been high energy dogs and I'm not sure that I could have given them enough to keep them busy. I think about Skooter, Moped, Huxley and Blitz all the time. I still miss them even though I'm so happy with Harley. I'm just so grateful that Kris helped us to get them more suitable homes. The GSP is still my most favorite breed but I will probably never own one again. I say probably because I know there is a chance that I would consider taking in a senior GSP down the road. It's not really on my radar at this point though. I still check the RM GSP site to see the dogs. I want anyone who is capable of owning a GSP to know abut the site so they can adopt a dog that needs a forever home. Kris does such unselfish work at the Rescue. She has saved many GSP's and found them wonderful homes, including my four. There is a special place in Heaven for people like Kris.

Harley is pretty mellow right now. He's playing with his Kong Tails toy. He loves that toy. It's going to be weird not having class on Sunday. I'm going to take advantage of it and enjoy the day. We might take Harley with us on a long ride. I think he would do okay. He'd probably sleep most of the drive anyway. David has to work tomorrow so I won't have him here for backup with Harley. Might be a good day then to get things done around the house (laundry, dishes, straightening up). I'll just have to put Harley in his kennel while I put laundry away so he doesn't steal our socks! I'm trying to break him of that behavior but it's not easy. He just loves playing keep away with socks. I thought about giving him his own sock but then I'm afraid that I would be encouraging the very behavior that I want to stop. He bit the tip of the nose off of his stuffed duck so I had to take it away for now. I'm going to pull out just enough stuffing that he can't get to it and then give it back to him. I might try doing that with his pheasant too.

It looks like the wind has calmed down. It's really beautiful out there today. I need to get Harley some new bison bones (the Buff Bites and the raw, meaty bones). He's pretty much chewed everything off of the ones he has. And just for general health reasons I want to switch them out. Maybe I'll stop at the natural pet store today and pick up two Buff Bites (they are bison shin bones). I'll have to put in an online order for the raw bones. He seems to like those the most.

I'm going to go for now. I have to leave here in 45 minutes and I want to take Harley out for another walk before I go.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger