Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, January 28, 2011

So much for the plan (LOL)

Well, somehow David and I came to the agreement that we're going to start looking for a dog now. Tomorrow we are going to an adoption fair up in Monument to look at some Catahoula puppies and other dogs. We're leaning toward the Catahoulas because I love the breed and have always wanted one. Here's a pic of one of them:


How could anyone resist a face like that. I know that looks aren't everything that's why we're going to go look at them and see which one has the temperament we're looking for. We won't definitely come home with a dog though.

Here are my concerns: What if I fail again? Will our 4' fence be high enough? Do I really have what it takes to care for a dog, especially a puppy?

Here's why I'm thinking of doing it: I miss having a dog. I want to show myself that I can succeed with a dog. I want a reason to get up (and stay up) every day.

I know I'll be able to figure out if it's the right thing once I'm around all the dogs. If I feel overwhelmed and anxious, it's not the right time to get a dog. If I feel good about it and I find the right dog, then it is the right time.

I've been doing a lot of research and investigation on Catahoula dogs specifically. I've been emailing with breeders and owners, reading blogs and asking questions. I know I can't do enough research before getting another dog. I've thought a lot about what went wrong with the first 5 dogs and I think I've figured out a few things. Yeah, I'm not 100% sure that I'll be able to do this but I really want to try. After seeing Harley's change with Sit Means Sit, I know that even if the worse happens I can always take the dog through training with them. So I know that I want have to give up another dog.

So tomorrow we'll be off to the adoption fair. I'll let you know that happens.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger