Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, January 29, 2011

Half a day later...

Well, we went to the adoption fair and we're home now. I couldn't believe all the puppies that were there. If was so hard to get to them too because people were just grabbing them up like a Wii at Christmas time. We took our time and figured if there wasn't one we were interested in by the time everyone grabbed them up then we weren't meant to have one. After a while of watching them and watching everyone grabbing them we decided on a pup. The foster mom told us it was a boy but it's actually a girl. The puppy had a great personality and temperament and had wonderful markings. It took a while to decide but finally we agreed that we would take her home with us. We had to fill out a looooong application and a spay/neuter agreement and then have the foster mom follow us home to do a house check before we could get the puppy. The puppy drove down with the foster mom from Monument. They followed us to the house.

When we got home I got the puppy to pee and poop outside. That was exciting. We couldn't imagine that she would have denied us but we waited until the home visit was done and the foster mom said the puppy was ours to really celebrate. We have named her Blue Bayou but we will call her bayou. She's in her kennel right now sleeping so I'm letting her get some rest. It reminds me of how much Harley slept when we first brought him home. It wasn't long though before he was awake allllllll day. I've taken Bayou out twice since she got home. She peed and pooped all the while being on her leash. She's handling the leash great so far. I think she is going to be a great dog.

The rescue didn't really know when they were born. They say they are 8 weeks old but I don't think she is. She's awfully small for 8 weeks but who knows. They also weren't sure what kind of mix she is. I think she's definitely Catahoula and something. They said her mom was a Blue Tick Coon Hound put on her paperwork it says she's a lab mix. I guess we won't ever really know unless we do some genetic testing. I don't care enough to spend the money on that. I love her no matter what breeds she is.

We bought her food, treats, toys and bowls. There will be stuff coming from Amazon too so I'll have that to look forward to this coming week. She's been sleeping about 2 hours now. As soon as she wakes up I'll bring her out to potty again.

I feel really good about this dog. I don't have a sense of dread like I was afraid I would have.

It's been over an hour since I typed that last sentence. A busy little girl has been eating, drinking, pooping and peeing. And some sleeping too. She whines when she's in her kennel. We'll have to work with her on that.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger