Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Moving forward with the plan

I talked with David tonight about the puppy/lose weight/save money & swagbucks plan and he's all in. We both feel like it's a good idea to have a carrot dangling in front of us to help us lose weight. We both want a dog but we agree that it wouldn't be right to get one while we are so out of shape. I was glad that he wants to move forward with this plan.

I have already started doing some research on yellow lab breeders in the area. It's too early really to be thinking that far ahead but I just wanted to see if there was anyone around who has AKC labs. I did find a breeder out in Calhan (Eichorn Kennels).but I'm quite sure that I don't want to pay $900 for a puppy. When the time comes, I know the right dog will come along.

I'm really excited though about working on losing weight. I actually feel like it's possible to lose 100 pounds. I know it will take time but I'm willing to be patient with the process. I didn't buy any candy today when I was at the store. I just kept thinking of getting a dog and it made it easy to say no. I know this is only the first day but it was at least a good day. David and I both weighed ourselves and I have a chart on the bathroom wall to show the date that I lose each 10 pounds. I'm not putting a time frame on it. It's about losing the weight not about how long it takes to lose it. I can't wait to lose that first 10 pounds.

David also agreed to putting aside $25 each time one of us loses 10 pounds. That should get us about $500 plus we'll have the AGC's from Swagbucks to use. I have $114 in AGC's already, with $20 coming tomorrow. I already have enough swagbucks to buy all 5 of my $5 AGC's for February. If I can get a minimum of $25/month in AGC's that will get me to about $300 in the Amazon account. I know we'll be able to set aside more than that, but that will be a good base for getting a dog.

Underneath my chart in the bathroom I printed out a picture of yellow lab puppies in a Radio Flyer wagon. It' will be a constant reminder of what I am working for.

I have to get out and start walking again. It's going to be difficult in the beginning because I've gained so much weight but I know that I can lose weight by eating healthy and exercising. I'm going to stick to the neighborhood for now. I'll add Palmer Park in once I'm capable of doing the loop. It will be good practice for taking the dog for walks every day. There are so many things I want to do differently with this dog but the most important is to walk him every day. I didn't do that with any of the other dogs and it made walking with them a nightmare. I want a dog who will walk with me on and off the leash. If I can have the discipline to lose all this weight, I know I will have the discipline to walk with my dog every day.

So, the weight loss journey begins. At the end of that journey I will be healthier and capable of owning a dog. Right now though I'm just looking forward to losing that first 10 pounds!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Hey, Lady... we miss you! Hope all is well. Good job on starting your weight loss journey. Will be restarting mine in February!

Radarkaty/Kathleen

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger