Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, December 7, 2008

Missing them all

Friday I slept all day because I have a cold. It was weird not having the dogs get me up. I was in bed a lot and it made me miss them more. They would always be in bed with me. David had hockey Friday night and I was home 'alone'. I did better this weekend than I did last weekend. I guess I needed that good cry last week.

Yesterday was Zach's memorial service. We left the house at 7:45 am and didn't get home until around 4pm. I kept worrying about getting home to the dogs. No matter how many times I told myself that they weren't home, I just kept thinking about them. I would try to remind myself that they are in their new home and probably loving every minute of it. I mean, come on, anyone that buys them matching dog pillows has to be just awesome.

For some reason today, Sunday, was harder than the rest of the weekend as far as missing the girls. I'm not sure why. Maybe it was because I was in bed again a lot today because of this cold. The cats do keep me company though. But they will have to go soon too. David's allergies to them are just too much for him. And the cats are always on our laps which isn't good for David. So tomorrow I need to call the no kill shelters and see if anyone will take them in. If not, I'll have to consider the Humane Society. That will definitely be my last option though. I don't want anything to happen to them.

Minnie is on me right now and Paulie is on David. They are spoiled. Earlier today one of them was up on top of the fridge. I have trouble keeping them off the counters. I've been using the spray bottle on them but they don't remember that I sprayed them 20 seconds later. Oh well.

I had to talk to David tonight about not wanting a dog at all. It wasn't that I didn't want Huxley and Blitz. I love them. I just shouldn't have a dog at all. I'm not good at discipline and dogs need that. Anyway, all four of them are on my mind (Skooter, Moped, Huxley and Blitz). I miss them all.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger