Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Life won out

It's so quiet in the house now. I'm so used to hearing the clinking of their dog tags, Blitzie whining and Huxley flopping her ears back and forth when she 'shakes it out'. But I did get to sleep as long as I wanted to, not as long as Blitzie wanted me to. I still have a cold so it's been nice to get some much needed sleep.

It's an overcast day and there is no sun streaming in the window for the cats to warm up in. Of course, if the dogs were here they would be claiming the sunshine as their own anyway. But they are not here. They are down at the Rescue living a different kind of life now. I wonder if Blitzie still whines or if she just did that with me? I do know that they are both just as affectionate with Kris and her family as they were with us. They adapt to change very well for older dogs.

I can't help but feel that I've somehow abandoned them.

There are finally plans for Zach. There will be a get together on Saturday, December 6th in Arvada to celebrate his life. I wasn't close to Zach, so I think I will feel like an outsider but it's the right thing to go, to support David. And I won't have to make any arrangements for the dogs or worry about them being home for too long. That takes a big burden off of my shoulders. And at this crazy time anything that can bring relief is greatly appreciated.

I've been thinking a lot about Tabby this morning. I miss my old girl.

So, another day of not being a dog owner. I guess I'll adjust to that eventually and even end up liking it but for today I still miss them in my life. Things just got so crazy so quickly. Life showed up on my doorstep and demanded to be let in. Unfortunately there was not enough room for life and two bigs dogs in this one small house. Something had to give. Life won out.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger