Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, August 17, 2008

The wait...



I checked the GSP website and there are over 30 dogs (including 12 puppies!) listed for adoption. There are 4 seniors alone. It won't be easy to find a home for Huxley and Blitz (especially not together). Knowing that I might have them for 2 more months is difficult. Not because I don't love them, but because I do. It'll be hard every day not knowing when they will get adopted. I feel sad. I'm also worried about them scratching David. They jump on him and scratch him all the time and it could have caused the cellulitis he has in his leg. It's cost us over $100 already for the care for the celluliis. I mean, it's not the dogs fault. They just may have scratched him and some bacteria got in the scratch. But he may be more prone to getting cellulitis now. I wish I could keep the dogs but there are lots of personal reasons why I can't. I will miss them terribly when they get adopted. It would be weird if one gets adopted and not the other. They've been together all their lives. I know that they can adjust but I'm not sure how they will do without each other. That causes me some worry.

Huxley is nesting in the blankets on the floor (laundry) and Blitzie is nesting on the bed. The sheets and covers are all messed up. LOL I have to make the bed every night before we can go to bed. David slept in the other room last night because the girls were taking up all the room on his side of the bed and he couldn't move them. I don't want him to have to sleep in the other room.

I never thought to ask Kris about Skooter and Moped. I'm sure they are doing great. I still miss them. I guess it will be that way with Huxley and Blitz too.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger