Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, August 23, 2008

They loves them some bunnies

The girls aren't up on the GSP website yet. I sent Kris an email asking if we can help in locating and owner or foster care. Things are getting more stressful for me personally (totally unrelated to the dogs) and I'm wanting to find the girls a home. I need to take care of me right now and that means no pets. I'm not even sure I could explain why that is, but it just is. Knowing that the girls will be leaving, I'm becoming a bit detached from them. I still love them and give the attention and care for them but I'm not 100% vested in them right now. I was thinking that it will be difficult to get them homes since they can't walk on a leash without pulling. I guess I need to work on that further. They get so excited when they get to go for a walk that all they do is pull. If they see a bunny it's even worse. lol They loves them some bunnies.

I haven't done a very good job with the girls. I should have spent much more time training them instead of letting them run the house. It's the same thing I did with Skooter and Moped. I'm just not the type of person who should have a dog and especially not TWO dogs!

I guess I could start later this morning and take them out one at a time and work on leash training them. They really need to learn to walk on a leash. And there are some other things I need to work on with them too. I guess using treats on the walk would help. I need to get some smaller treats though. Maybe I'll get something at the pet store. I know what I want I just can't think of what they are called at the moment. It's on the tip of my tongue.

I really need to work on Blitzie whining for what she needs. The whining has to be ignored completely. David has a hard time doing that though. He has trouble being patient and waiting for a break in the whining to give her what she wants. That's my fault too. I didn't take the time to discipline them and now I'm paying for it.

They both are doing great at sit and lie down (go to bed, too). They perform well for treats so I need to use those more in training. Just walking them around the cul de sac at first would be enough (for them and for me lol). I'd love to be able to take them on my walks but I like my shoulder in it's socket, if you know what I mean. *grin*

Well, it's almost 3:30am so I need to go back to bed. We are having lunch (a double date) with Mike and Lisa at 2pm today at Chili's. I'm really looking forward to that.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger