Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, March 22, 2008

Moped and Tabby



Tabby has been losing a lot of weight lately so we had the vet come to the house and do some blood work. While he was here he told us that he had received a call about Moped's shot record about a month ago. Mopes is supposed to be up in Aspen, but I'm worried that he was given back to the shelter again. I sent Kris an email but she has not responded to it. I hope he has a wonderful home. I sure do miss him and Skooter.

Back to Tabby though. The vet sent out the bloodwork and within days we found out that she has hyperthyroidism. Her system is crankin' and she can't keep up with it so she's losing weight. She's also not peeing in the litter box so I had to fix something up so she won't go on the rug (a big trash bag on the floor with newspapers on it). It's not what I want to be doing but we've had her for almost 16 years now and I want to give her a reasonable chance to make it through this thyroid issue.

The picture of Moped is one of my favorites because he's holding his toy bone in his mouth. And unfortunately, Tabby doesn't look like that anymore. She's skin and bones, with yucky fur. She hasn't been grooming herself and she doesn't like to be brushed or touched for that matter. I would like to get her groomed but not while she is so sick. She's been on the thyroid medicine for a while now but I haven't noticed any significant changes. As heartless as it might sound, I'm not going to invest too much money into a 15 year old cat. She's had a good life and prolonging it because I don't want to say goodbye would be selfish. Anyway, I'm still hoping for the best with her.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger