Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Homework

I read:
Parenting Canines, Playing to Learn, Chewing, Toys, Potty Training and Communication handouts
I started journaling.
I'm feeding the dogs 2x/day by hand. It is going remarkably well. I didn't think they would eat out of my hand, but they do it with ease.
We had them sleep on the tie down in the bedroom for one night. Moped was chewing on the boxspring and we don't have any taste deterrent that he responds to so we put them back in their kennels for sleeping at night.
I'm trying to remember that I am in control and I need to start and end all contact, games and playing. It's hard to change behavior that is so ingrained.
I have about 30 toys/project toys for them to chew on and play with. They don't seem interested in most of them the majority of the time. That is distressing.
Moped is getting some free time, but only minutes at a time. He ends up stealing stuff off the end table (the tv remote is his favorite item) and jumping on all the furniture or grabbing things off the kitchen counter. Sometimes I wonder if there is any hope that he will calm down. I remember feeling that way about Skooter and he has calmed down. Moped is only 7 months old and so he is just a puppy. I need to give him some time.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger