Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, January 20, 2007

Homework

I read the handouts that we got in the Orientation Class:
Rules for Relationship Based Training & CSABR&T Fact Sheet
What stuck out for me while reading was:
Do not reward or punish undesireable behaviors.
Be consistent.
Give a cue only once.
'No' isn't a cue
I also filled out the 'Treat Test' form. Filling out this form makes me realize that I don't know my dog as well as I thought I did. :-) Here are the questions:
1. List 5 things your pet likes to play with
2. List 5 different activities that your pet would indulge in if given a free choice
3. Who does your pet spend the majority of his time playing with
4. List 5 places in order or your pet's preference that he would want to to with you
5. Which type of physical contact does your pet enjoy the most - in order of preference
6. List the 5 things that excite your pet the most
7. Favorite game; Favorite toy
8. What are your pet's favorite places to be touched
9. List your pet's 5 favorite foods, in order of preference
I had a difficult time filling out this form. I didn't really know the answers to all the questions. Hadn't thought of them before and now that I am, I don't have all the information I need. I filled it out though to the best of my ability but I think I put stuff down that I really didn't know about. I think I will find out as I go along what Skooter really likes and dislikes.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger