Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wondering about Harley

I wonder how Harley is doing with his training in Las Vegas. I'm sure he is doing well and having a good time. He needs to be busy all the time and I just couldn't do that for him. David said he is missing Harley more than usual today. Me too for some reason. Every time I see his picture I get a pang of sadness. I think I've decided to not go to school this summer because I'd have to get a student loan to attend and I just can't bring myself to go into debt for anything. Should I have kept Harley? Probably not. It wasn't just time I wasn't giving him. I also wasn't giving him the opportunities that he needed (walking, playing, etc.). I do miss having a dog though. I was looking at the RMGSP Rescue site yesterday. JUST looking! Honest. GSP's have too much energy for me. I just wanted to look to squelch the "I need a dog" feeling. It worked. Looking at the GSP's reminded me of how much work it is to have a dog. I've never liked cleaning the back yard and I sure don't miss doing it now that I don't have a dog. I'm just not the right person to own a dog. At least not now.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger