Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Reinforcing the fence AGAIN!

Well, we had to reinforce the fence again because Huxley and Blitz were still able to get under it. We strung 2 cable wires through the fence and screwed them into the posts. I still think we might have to try something else. My thought was to run a 2"x4" along the ground and nail the fence into it. That way there would be no chance of them getting under the fence. That'll cost some money though for the lumber. We may just do a section at a time, getting the sections that are easiest for them to get under first.

I left work early today for a doctors appointment but I went by the house first to let the dogs out. They were glad to see me and to get outside. lol I was only home for about 10 minutes, then I had to head out to the doctors. Now I'm at Brakes Plus getting my Jeep repaired yet again. Thankfully we have the money to do it. I just hate leaving the girls so long today. David has the duty pager and won't be home until about 4pm. Hopefully they'll make it that long.

One of the dogs peed on the carpet in our bedroom last night. I cleaned it up and I'll have to get the rug cleaned again. I'm not sure which one of them did it but I'm thinking it was Blitz. She seemed like she was a bit under the weather yesterday. David will probably get home before I do so they'll be happy to see him.

Minnie and Paulie are still meowing a lot. I think they are still looking for Tabby or just miss her. I don't blame them. I miss her too. I was so used to seeing her sweet face poking out the kitty door into the hallway. Quite a few times, Huxley and Blitz, but especially Huxley would go nose to nose with her. The dogs would get so excited. Tabby just seemed bored. lol It 's hard for me to believe that I'll never hold Tabby again. I wish I would have been able to do more with her at the end, but she didn't like being touched or brushed much. I hate to admit it but I'd love to have another Tabby cat. I have pretty much always had a Tabby cat since the 1980's. Tabby Edward was the first. He was a goof ball. John got to keep him and he left him with a friend while he went TDY and the friend had Tabby Edward put to sleep - for no good reason! I'm still mad about that. He was a great cat. And of course we've had Tabby for the last 15+ years. But a kitten would be out of the question because I think the girls would eat a kitten. No kidding.

When Blitzie seemed poorly yesterday I worried that she might be sick. I'm kind of gun shy now that Tabby is gone. I can't imagine the cats or dogs getting sick. But they all are 7+ years old now. That's pretty young for my animals but it's not 'spring chicken' either.

I had to get up and go sit and my chair to sleep last night for a while because Huxley wouldn't move over to let me get into bed. What a bed hog. I think finally I was able to go back to bed and get Huxley to move.

Dang, it's getting cold here at the car shop. It's supposed to snow later today. I don't think the roads will be effected, but they say it will stick to the grass. Huxley and Blitz aren't big on going out in the snow like Skooter and Moped are. They are definitely indoor, spoiled, lazy girls. And I love them very much.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger